About THe rmi
The Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMI) is the UK's leading automotive trade body, representing franchised car and commercial vehicle dealers, independent garages, bodyshops, motorcycle dealers, petrol retailers, auction houses and cherished number plate dealers, who provide sales and services to motorists and businesses across the UK.
- The RMI is the voice of thousands of retail motor businesses, large, medium and small.
- A major opinion former and influence in motor trade matters since 1913.
- A beacon of quality, focused on raising standards throughout the industry.
- A guide and support for members, delivering help and promoting best practice.
- A powerful advocate for the retail motor trade, lobbying Westminister, Brussels, manufacturers, oil companies and related industries and associations.
- An industry-wide organisation, yet with highly specialised expertise for franchised dealers, petrol forecourts, auction houses, motorcycle retailers, bodyshops, MOT testing stations, cherished number dealers and independent garages.
- A source of help and advice on customer or employee problems, legal issues, compliance, business consultancy, trading standards.
- A tough negotiator that creates exclusive deals for members in finance, insurance, warranties, energy, tools, oils, I.T and more.
The Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMI) represents the interests of operators in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man providing sales and services to motorists and businesses. The RMI has a formal association with the independent Scottish Motor Trade Association which represents the retail motor industry in Scotland.