NMDA DEALER ATTITUDE SURVEY AUTUMN 2015 RESULTS REVEALED

Published 02/11/2015 00:00:00 in Press Releases

“The NMDA are pleased to see that this year’s Autumn 2015 Dealer Attitude Survey received a response rate of 25% (206 dealers). Honda had a 67% response rate, whilst 14% of participants were from BMW & Harley Davidson. Budget brands Lexmoto and Kymco only had 13% and 8% of respondents – meaning their responses may not be fully representative of the brand”, commented Stephen Latham, Head of the National Motorcycle Dealers Association (NMDA).

“Participants in this survey were made up of 83% of Independent Dealers, and 17% privately owned groups. 64% were single brand dealers whist the remainder of 36% were multi-franchises.

The NMDA Autumn 2015 Dealer Attitude Survey, published today (Monday 2 November 2015), shows that the all dealer average when asked about the overall value of the franchise remained stable at 6.6 since the last survey in spring 2015.

  • Harley Davidson, KTM and Kawasaki were recorded as the top 3 franchises.
  • The least valued franchises by respondents were BMW, Honda and Piaggio Group.

The dealer/manufacturer relationship score average remained the same as in the last survey in spring 2015.

  • The partnership dealers have with their manufacturer scored an all dealer average of 3.5
  • BMW dealers were more dissatisfied with the partnership they have with their manufacturer having reported a score of 2.2 since the last survey and fall to 12th position in the ratings chart.
  • Harley Davidson increased their score by +0.2 to 4.5 at second position, whilst KTM moved up to 3rd position having increased their score by +0.5 to 4.5.

Dealer profit remained static, whilst future profitability decreased slightly in this survey

  • When rating the profit return by representing their franchise, the dealer average remained at 3.1 since the last survey in spring 2015.
  • Harley Davidson and KTM were recorded as the top 2 franchises.
  • When asked about the future profitability of their business the all dealer average decreased from 3.4 to 3.3.
  • Again, Harley Davidson and KTM were recorded as the top 2 franchises.

Latham continued, “It is concerning to see the decline in future profitability despite the overall increase in sales volumes this year.

“There has been a noticeable increase in the number of motorcycle enthusiasts entering motorcycle dealerships, and a significant number of leisure bikers who enjoy motorcycling; suggesting a return in consumer confidence and financial security which should have a positive impact on the sales of motorcycles going forward.”

 

ENDS

NOTES TO EDITORS: Please click here to download a copy of the NMDA Autumn 2015 Dealer Attitude Survey Results

Rupal Rawal, Press Officer
Tel: 020 7307 3412
Mob: 07528 977 157
Press Office direct line: 020 7307 3422
Press Office fax: 020 7307 3406

Web: www.rmif.co.uk Email: rupal.rawal@rmif.co.uk

The Retail Motor Industry represents the interests of operators in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man providing sales and services to motorists and businesses. The RMI has a formal association with the independent Scottish Motor Trade Association which represents the retail motor industry in Scotland.

Back to Articles
Back to Articles

Cookies

This site uses cookies. Some cookies are essential to ensure our website works for you in the best possible way. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, click here to see our cookie statement.

Close