1. You Stand Out From Your Competitors
RMI membership stands for high standards and quality service to customers.
2. Your Voice is Heard by Westminster, Europe and Vehicle Manufacturers
Thanks to our lobbyists, who make sure your interests aren’t ignored.
3. You Get the Experts on Your Side
Legal, VAT & Tax, HR & Employment, Business Consultant, MOT Specialist, Training Expert, Forecourt Adviser, Health & Safety Adviser, and Complaints Handler - all available free at the end of the phone.
4. You Get Free Legal Advice With Just a Phonecall
And special rates for legal representation if you have a complex case.
5. You Have Instant Access to Business Advice, Information and Assistance Via the RMI Helpline
One call helps you fix it all.
6. You Get Free Access to the Independent Conciliation and Arbitration Service
The low-cost way to end disputes.
7. You're Always Up to Date
Via free bulletins and updates on industry issues, Government policy, legislation and technical developments.
8. You Have Access to the Best Training in the Business
The RMI’s training arm offers apprenticeships, recruitment and training.
9. You Could Save More Than Your Membershp Fee Every Year
With exclusive benefits that cut your costs and increase your profits.
The main, but not exclusive criteria for membership are:
- The company must be a retail automotive business
- The company must operate from trade business premises which meet our minimum membership standards
- The company must provide it's products/services direct to the general public
Unfortunately membership of the RMI is not available to companies outside of the UK.
About the RMI
The Retail Motor Industry represents the interests of operators in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man providing sales and services to motorists and businesses. The RMI has a formal association with the independent Scottish Motor Trade Association which represents the retail motor industry in Scotland.